Who We Are
- The BARKA Foundation was established in 2005 and incorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization in January 2006.
- BARKA Foundation is registered as a local NGO in Burkina Faso.
- In 2009 BARKA received affiliated NGO status from the United Nations Department of Public Information (UN DPI NGO).
- In 2010 BARKA became recognized as a Private Voluntary Organization (PVO) with USAID, enabling eligibility for BARKA to receive funds from the US government.
- Operations and Staff:
- BARKA is an all- volunteer organization; no one since its inception has drawn a salary. The operation has been funded by individual donations, corporate gifts, friends and family, and personally by the Co-Founders.
- BARKA is a virtual organization with staffers on four continents: US, Africa, Europe, and India.
- BARKA Foundation is growing rapidly: 20% annual growth rate in 2008 and 52% in 2009.
- In 2008 BARKA received $35,000 in services and in-kind donations
- In 2009 BARKA received over $100,000 in services and in-kind donations
© 2008 The BARKA Foundation, All right reserved.